We strive to create great tasting dishes that provide our customers with a consistently healthy diet, and a helping hand with their physical performance. Next Tuesday's 'Maple Mustard Salmon' is one of our more popular dishes due to its incredible taste, but there is a lot more to this dish than taste alone. Below we have highlighted three key ingredients of the meal and explained how beneficial these ingredients are for you.
Key Ingredient 1: SALMON
- Abundant in long- chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Salmon has been shown to reduce blood pressure and inflammation.
- To build and preserve muscle, you need a high protein diet. Salmon is very high in protein, offering 22g of protein per 100g (raw weight).
- Salmon is rich in B vitamins, which are an involved with processes such as turning food into energy and reducing inflammation. B vitamins work in tandem to enable an optimal functioning brain and nervous system.
- With a high nitrate concentration, beets are known to lowering blood pressure, leading to a reduced risk of heart failure, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Studies have shown that beets help trainees exercise longer (16% longer). It is thought that the nitrates turn into nitric oxide, which enhances the tolerance to high-intensity training.
- Beets contain a nutrient called betaine, that helps protect cells, enzymes, and proteins from external stress. Known to battle inflammation, safeguard internal organs, improve performance and avert many chronic diseases.
- Low in carbohydrates, but high in roughage, spinach is favorable for digestive function.
- A nutrient-rich veggie, spinach contains ample Vit C, Vit K, folic acid, carotenoids, calcium, and iron.
- Antioxidants in spinach help reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer and fight against aging.