Dish: Makhani Coconut Chicken with Long Beans, Peas & Broccoli
Example Plan: Regular Low Carb
- Chicken is a fantastic source of lean protein. A 100g Chicken breast (uncooked) contains 22g of protein, a very similar content to what you get with salmon and beef, but due to is macronutrient profile, fewer calories.
- Chicken is a good source of selenium, which helps maintain a strong immune system and a fully functionally metabolism by supporting thyroid function.
- Long beans are really low in calories, containing just 47 calories per 100g of beans, making them perfect for keeping hunger at bay.
- Long beans are packed with dietary fiber that helps protect the colon mucosa by limiting its exposure to toxic substances. Fiber-rich veggies such as long beans are also found to reduce cholesterol levels as they decrease reabsorption of cholesterol binding bile acids in the colon.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamin C and also contains a compound known as sulfurophane which assists the body's detoxification pathways.
- On amore mundane not Broccoli is yet another titan of fibre. It aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, and keeps you feeling fuller longer.
- The fatty acids in Coconut Milk have immune boosting properties. They are anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Lauric acid is a potent anti fungal and has shown promise as a treatment for certain digestive issues through the mechanism of microbial control.
- Populations which have consumed a lot of coconut milk as part of their diet actually have lower incidences of heart disease than societies consuming a typical Western diet.